Leh Ladakh looks like God owns the land. The place is a beauty with wonderful presents in the form of nature’s touch. It is an ideal place to hang out with friends and family members. Once you come here, you will not feel like going back home.
The topmost offbeat destination, Leh Ladakh has several amazing places that will leave you jaw-dropping by all means. Also known as the majority of the Buddhist population, Leh Ladakh has monasteries of ancient times which are the main tourist attractions.
Leh is known as the capital of Ladakh which is situated at an elevation of 11,500 feet above sea level. Leh is 25 km away from Ladakh. Both places Leh and Ladakh come under the Jammu and Kashmir region and are incredibly beautiful.
How to reach-
By Air: Both Leh and Ladakh do not have airports. The nearest airport to get to the capital of Ladakh, Leh- is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee, which is well connected with all the major airports of India.
By Road: you can reach Leh Ladakh from either Sri Nagar or Manali via a bus or a bike.
By Railway: Leh and Ladakh both places do not have railway stations. The nearest railway station is located in Tawi, which is approx 700km away from Ladakh. Upon reaching Tawi, you can either hire a cab or opt for local transportation to reach Ladakh, which is 25 km away from Leh.
The temperature in three seasons-
Leh Ladakh in summers: The summer in Leh Ladakh starts early. The months from April to June provide the best view of the destination. The temperature in summer ranges from 20-degree Celsius to 30-degree celsius.
Leh Ladakh in Winters: The winter in Leh Ladakh starts from October and lasts till February. During these months the temperature goes as down as -20 degrees celsius. You will witness enchanting glaciers, frozen rivers and snow-capped peaks as far as your eyes will take you.
Leh Ladakh in Monsoon: From the last week of June to September, Leh Ladakh appears at its best. The temperature stays somewhere between 15-degree Celsius to 25-degree celsius. Monsoon is the best season for photographers and bird-watchers.
Places To See in Leh Ladakh
- Shanti Stupa
- Alchi Monastery
- Hemis Monastery
- Diskit Gompa
- Pathar Sahib
- Zanskar Valley
- Zanskar River
- Thiksay Monastery
- Khardungla Pass
- Pangong Lake
- Nubra Valley
- Indus and Zanskar River ‘Sangam’
Things to do in Leh Ladakh-
- Nature Photography, Astrophotography
Leh – Generally, people prefer to visit Leh due to strong connectivity by Air and it will take less time to reach Ladakh. Leh is 25 km away from Ladakh. There are numerous things that you can do in Leh. Like visiting Spituk Gompa, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, etc.
Nubra Valley- Nubra Valley will give you the view of the splendid setting sun.
Pangong Lake- Not a better way to start your day with its sunrise.
Stok Village- Visiting Stok village is like an opportunity to explore the culture and tradition of Leh Ladakh.
What to pack for the trip-
- Thermal inner wears like inner pants and inner t-shirts (2 pair each)
- Fleece jacket and Down jacket
- 2 to 3 Pair of woolen socks and woolen gloves
- Sunglasses, Lip balm, body wipes, face wipes and hand wipes and sunscreen
- Portable charger, Powerbank, and camera- with extra memory cards
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Gears like a sleeping bag, tent, etc.
- Trekking shoes and trekking pole
- First aid box with all the necessary medicines including water purification tablets
- Flashlight with extra batteries- There is short power in Leh Ladakh
Some Important Points to be remembered-
- The area where Leh-Ladakh is situated is of high altitude, so mountain sickness, vomiting, anxiety, etc are common problems. So after reaching there, you must acclimatize yourself properly to avoid any health hazard.
- It is advisable not to drink alcohol for health purposes. You need to keep yourself hydrated throughout the journey.
- Try to avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible. Do not throw waste and do not litter to maintain the decorum of tourist places.
- There will be permits required so arrange it as soon as possible to continue the enjoyment.
- Before reaching there, consult your doctor to check if you are fit for this trip or not. Carry all the essential medicines.
at the end of only peace matters and actually travelling can heal you from inside to outside ,you only have to believe your journey.
Stay Blessed, Keep Trekking